DIY Faux Marble Table Top

$10

I don't know about you, but I am ALWAYS looking for a budget-friendly way to make my home fantastic. This project is the perfect way to add a little something special to any space!
I started with this awesome flee market find - this side table was only $4! - and unscrewed the table top from the wooden legs. I decided to leave the legs untouched, but, of course, you can always paint them too!
To start the transformation I spray-painted both the top and bottom of my table top with satin finish black spray paint. Ninety-seven cent paint never looked so good!
After the spray paint dried, I brought my table top back inside and whipped out the craft paints. This is the part where you get to go crazy with your imagination and interpretation of faux marble. Or you can look up pictures online and use them as your inspiration. You got this!
One of the supplies I used to help make my marble "veins" was a small piece of kitchen sponge. Seriously, I took a new, never-before-used-on-dirty-dishes sponge and cut a little chuck off! This helped me add a little more dimension and detail to the faux marble, but it is definitely an optional step.
Next, I drew preliminary "veins" with my white craft paint, then used a fine tip paint brush to smooth everything out. On top of some of the white portions, I added some silver metallic paint for more detail. You could also try using gold metallic paint for even more contrast. The sky is the limit!
I'm thankful that my table came with a glass top, but you can also finish off this project with a clear coat to look extra put-together. And bah-dah-bing! Now this once-boring side table is a beautiful focal point in my living room. Even if it doesn't look exactly like marble, it's still pretty fantastic - and did I say CHEAP!?

If you want to see more from me, you can swing over to my YouTube channel. I've got weekly content with your name on it! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWOfB7EfoMkYQTd9cSuNkxw?view_as=public

• Spray Paint  (Walmart)
  • Craft Paint  (Walmart)
  • Kitchen Sponge  (Walmart)

To see more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWOfB7EfoMkYQTd9cSuNkxw?view_as=public

• Marge Josephson

This a very cute idea.
    I was wondering, did you spray anything on it to seal it when done to prevent the lines you painted from chipping off ?
    • Ivory

fabulous! That you so much for this post, because I wanted to do something likthat is. Thank you, thank you.

• Map8307398

Yes.....I have a black coffee table that was damaged, by me using using an incense burner during Chr. so I use a table runner to cover it but this would be a more permanent way. Good idea.
  • Kathy

Fabulous!