DIY Faux Marble Table Top

88K Views
I don't know about you, but I am ALWAYS looking for a budget-friendly way to make my home fantastic. This project is the perfect way to add a little something special to any space!
Time: 1 HoursCost: $10Difficulty: Easy
  • diy faux marble table top
I started with this awesome flee market find - this side table was only $4! - and unscrewed the table top from the wooden legs. I decided to leave the legs untouched, but, of course, you can always paint them too!
  • diy faux marble table top
To start the transformation I spray-painted both the top and bottom of my table top with satin finish black spray paint. Ninety-seven cent paint never looked so good!
  • diy faux marble table top
After the spray paint dried, I brought my table top back inside and whipped out the craft paints. This is the part where you get to go crazy with your imagination and interpretation of faux marble. Or you can look up pictures online and use them as your inspiration. You got this!
  • diy faux marble table top
One of the supplies I used to help make my marble "veins" was a small piece of kitchen sponge. Seriously, I took a new, never-before-used-on-dirty-dishes sponge and cut a little chuck off! This helped me add a little more dimension and detail to the faux marble, but it is definitely an optional step.
  • diy faux marble table top
Next, I drew preliminary "veins" with my white craft paint, then used a fine tip paint brush to smooth everything out. On top of some of the white portions, I added some silver metallic paint for more detail. You could also try using gold metallic paint for even more contrast. The sky is the limit!
  • diy faux marble table top
I'm thankful that my table came with a glass top, but you can also finish off this project with a clear coat to look extra put-together. And bah-dah-bing! Now this once-boring side table is a beautiful focal point in my living room. Even if it doesn't look exactly like marble, it's still pretty fantastic - and did I say CHEAP!?

If you want to see more from me, you can swing over to my YouTube channel. I've got weekly content with your name on it! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWOfB7EfoMkYQTd9cSuNkxw?view_as=public

Suggested materials for this project:

• Spray Paint  (Walmart)
  • Craft Paint  (Walmart)
  • Kitchen Sponge  (Walmart)