GAZING "FALL" BALL

92K Views
I know another gazing ball project. It just happened, I went to a yard sale but there was no way I'm passing up this deal, 2 bowling balls for $3. Here is my chance to make a gazing ball. Fall is almost here but I thought I'd get at least a month of enjoyment from it being in the garden. Now also, I'm thinking I have a start for Spring 2018. Here is what I started with.
Time: 4 HoursCost: $12Difficulty: Easy
  • gazing fall ball
I used sand paper to scuff the ball, so the glue would grab better. Then I punched holes in the bottom of gladware container, for drainage. I also put some glass gems on the bottom of the bowl and placed the bowling ball on it. I put the side with the holes face down.
  • gazing fall ball
Here's the great idea. I got one my end tables, turned on the t.v . I got all my supplies together and started placing the glass gems. There was no pattern, I'm sure it would have came out better if I did. This was fast and easy and then again I have the other bowling ball.
  • gazing fall ball
I started at the top of the bowling ball and just started gluing on the glass gems.I did about half, one evening. The next night I finished it up. Where there was some gaps I used some leftover stones from other projects I did. I didn't do the last quarter of the ball because you wouldn't see this when in the garden. The flowers will cover it.
  • gazing fall ball
This is it in the garden from the front and back. I just loved being able to relax and didn't have to think about where everything went. Just keep gluing.
  • gazing fall ball
Front view
  • gazing fall ball
Back view. On to the next project, solar light..good again for Spring 2018. Everything is on sale now!

Suggested materials for this project:

• Gorilla glue  (Lowes)
  • Gladware bowl  (Had lots with missing lids)
  • Glass gems  (Where else, the dollar store)