- Tile glue (Home Depot)
- Petrified wood (I collected myself)
- Paint for mantel and walls (Home Depot & Walmart)
- Polycrylic (HomeDepot)
- Grout (Home Depot)
Petrified Wood Fireplace Makeover
This was a project I wanted to do, but had to figure out if the petrified wood was gonna adhear to the tile. After reading on which glue to use that would hold this heavy material (petrified wood), I decided to use tile glue. It worked well and not one piece even moved, which I was shocked. Had to hold it in place for a few seconds, especially the larger pieces, but it took very well.
Get the materials for this project:
I first cleaned and prepared the petrified wood to start putting up on the fireplace like putting together a puzzle. It was pretty simple to do and I had fun. I used tile glue to stick the petrified wood pieces to the tile. It worked well!
I painted the mantel to brighten up the area around where the petrified wood was going. Then I put the petrified wood up. After it set up, I had to clean all the grout away from the petrified wood. Then I coated the entire petrified area with polycrylic.
Then I started painting the walls to give the room more light. The green walls had to go!! I went for a fresh coat of very light grey paint. It looks so much better!
This is my final results. Went from total darkness to a more bright and cheerful room!☺️ I just love how the petrified wood looks! I hope you enjoyed this creation and are inspired to do a project on your own!
- <a href="https://www.amazon.com/Red-Devil-0497-Adhesive-5-5-Ounce/dp/B000BQO2UC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1504857253&sr=8-3&keywords=tile+glue&_encoding=UTF8&tag=marydorcy-20&linkCode=ur2&linkId=725bd53bcaee32e0e8e6ff20e92c0a62&camp=1789&creative=9325" class="href-bb-tag" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Tile glue</a> (Amazon)
- <a href="https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dtools&field-keywords=Petrified+wood&_encoding=UTF8&tag=marydorcy-20&linkCode=ur2&linkId=669236950bdd3785817d5fc27ba7ef92&camp=1789&creative=9325" class="href-bb-tag" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Petrified wood</a> (Amazon)
- <a href="https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Paint+&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3APaint+&_encoding=UTF8&tag=marydorcy-20&linkCode=ur2&linkId=d80db66e95597b4bc82fe38386c8d90e&camp=1789&creative=9325" class="href-bb-tag" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Paint for mantel and walls</a> (Amazon)