Master Bedroom Makeover on a Budget

$400
2 Weeks

I never liked how our master bedroom looked, specifically the paint color. The tone of the blue was just ‘off’ somehow. I usually LOVE blue and our dining room, living room and office are blue, but there was just something about this blue that wasn’t doing it for me. So, I never really finished the room in the first place.
We’ve had this Tommy Bahama bedroom set for about 7 years. It’s okay. My husband and I both like it. I probably wouldn’t pick something like it out today, but I figured my husband wasn’t gonna let me buy a whole new bedroom set so I better find a way to decorate around it. The rest of my house has a 'coastal/beachy' look but this bedroom set makes me think more 'Caribbean/tropical'. It is Tommy Bahama after all. I was thinking white with green accents would look much better. And to top it all off I was trying to do all this on a small budget. When I told my husband I wanted to paint it white, he told me I was on my own. He hates to paint.
So, I painted all by myself.  Well, the kids kinda helped, but I did most of the work.  And guess what?  Painting kinda stinks.  Especially when you don’t have a ton of time to do it, in between kids after school activities, homework, running everyday errands, trying to go to the gym, and blah blah blah.  It took longer than I thought it would take.  
Here is how it turned out. Looks a whole lot different.
I ordered the duvet cover from Wayfair for only $36.99.  This duvet is super soft, nice quality for the price, and the perfect color. The euro shams came from Wayfair too.  I wanted plain white and these were the cheapest ones I could find at $17.99 a piece.  The euro shams are the large square pillows and the covers can be EXPENSIVE!
I found the curtains on Wayfair too and think they tie everything together nicely.  They are a little more ‘crinkly’ in person than I expected but I like the color and the print so I kept them.
The above prints I got on etsy.com.  I recently discovered that you can download all sorts of amazing photography and artwork on etsy for really cheap!  Did you guys know this?  Am I the only one who didn’t know this?  I found these on the shop called GoodVibesMotel and they cost around $7 each.  Once they are downloaded to your computer, you then have to upload them to one of the many websites that can handle printing.  After shopping around a bit I found out that Walgreens prints poster sized prints. Many places don’t.  I found a coupon online for 40% off and ordered both 2’x3′ prints right from my computer and was able to pick them up the same day!  They came out to a little less than $20 a piece.  Then I bought these frames at Michael’s for 50% off.  Aren’t they cute?
I downloaded these prints for FREE.  I bought the 11×14 sized frames at Michael’s when they were buy one/get one free.
I had this picture that I took printed onto a canvas for a little pop of color. Overall I think the rooms looks so much brighter now and I love it.
Here is one last Master Bedroom Makeover Before/After.  Looks a little different don’t ya think?

• Paint  (Home Depot)
  • Paint brushes  (Home Depot)

The House house