Shantalle Flips for Chalk Paint

$20

It never gets old. Do you get tired of seeing before and afters? I never do.
shantalle flips for chalk paint
Below is her "before" of this cute little end table – I know, I know. Her before picture is nice. BUT, she becomes WAY better after her makeover. Keep scrolling and you'll see…
shantalle flips for chalk paint
I grabbed this simple table from a garage sale that normally wouldn't garner any attention. But once I took my brush to her, she became more than average. She became a French beauty – so much so that she earned the name, "Shantalle."
shantalle flips for chalk paint
The Process…

SAND and CLEAN
1. The top and legs had scratches, so sanding gave a nice smooth surface. Lightly sand the rest and give it a good cleaning.]
PAINT
2. This was a very simple process. Using two colors, Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan, in French Linen and Graphite. Paint the legs and top. I used the lightest color on the legs because I planned to stencil the top the lighter color for contrast. Do two coats of the Chalk Paint.

DISTRESS
3. Using a sanding sponge, do a little scuffing where you would normally see wear – edges and legs. How much you distress is strickly personal preference.
shantalle flips for chalk paint
STENCIL
5. Tape down the stencil and use a stencil brush to "pounce" the paint into the stencil, with very little paint in your brush.

6. Lightly run your sanding sponge over the stenciled design to distress the stenciled image just a bit to give it an aged look. Only sand one way.

shantalle flips for chalk paint
PROTECT
7. Protect with Polyvine Dead Flat Varnish. Use a detailer's sponge, lightly sanding between coats to give you a more smooth surface. Be sure to wipe off the sanding dust before doing another coat with a damp cloth.
shantalle flips for chalk paint
You can take a simple non-descript table and transform it into something noteworthy – something that anyone would feel fortunate to own. Most don't know that it is possible to completely change a piece of furniture.

shantalle flips for chalk paint
For More LMDH Opportunities:
  • JOIN our LMDH DIY Community. We publish a newsletter and offer exclusive free gifts to members.
  • Join our Facebook group, @furnitureflippingforum – we have well over 33,000 members. The group is made up of fellow flippers: Visit us to see more projects and interact with kind, supportive furniture flippers.
  • Visit our FB store, The Red Shed. Here you will see real live examples of how to stage your furniture and present your pieces for sale.

To find links to these opportunities along with more details and photos of this project, visit the link below. It will take you to Love My DIY Home - it's full of tutorials and tips with how-tos.

Thanks for stopping by!

• Chalk Paint  (Annie Sloan)
  • Polyvine  (Amazon)
  • Stencil  (Amazo)
Val Frania {Love My DIY Home}