A Christmas Kitchen Tree: The Perfect Recipe for Holiday Decor

101K Views
Adding a little holiday cheer to unexpected places is fun and helps to create a warm and welcoming home. Using a colander as it's base and vintage kitchen odds and ends, (measuring spoons and cookie cutters)...I created a fun kitchen tree...a perfect recipe for holiday magic for any kitchen.
Time: 30 MinutesCost: $12Difficulty: Easy
  • a christmas kitchen tree the perfect recipe for holiday decor
We spend a lot of time in our kitchen...and that is especially true during the holidays.
I started with a red colander. I picked this one up new, from Walmart.
I placed a kitchen towel in the bottom. I planned to add wood shavings to cover the base and the towel helped to prevent the little wood bits from making a mess on the counter. The towel also filled some of the empty space and helped to secure the tree inside the colander. Other options include: cling wrap, or crumpled newspaper. --basically, plan to cover the holes in the bottom in some way to prevent the shavings from making a mess (if using)
Add a small faux tree.
Cover the tree base and fill the colander with wood shavings ( available in the dried naturals section of most craft stores) Or cover base of tree with a festive holiday dish towel. Begin placing small kitchen tools onto the tree. (biscuit cutters, teaspoons, measuring cups, holiday cookie cutters) Consider tying on cinnamon stick bundles, for a fragrant option.
I had a few mason jar ornaments that seem to go perfectly on this tree
Christmas in the Kitchen is complete!! Visit the blog: Blue Ribbon Kitchen for more award-winning recipes and holiday inspiration. Thanks so much for visiting Hometalk!!

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of July 9, 2018 10:03 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Karri @ Blue Ribbon Kitchen