AnaAlvarez
AnaAlvarez
  • Nine Mile Falls, WA

A Shed in the Wrong Place

$200
1 Week

When we moved to our house during Winter,4 years ago, we found an old shed out of place. It was attached to the house in front of bedroom and bathroom windows! Because we live in Washington State, we had a foot or two of snow during the Winter months, so during the cold months,the whole family worked on brainstorming ideas for the project. Once the snow melted in ealry Spring, we transformed that space into one of our favorite places in the house.
a shed in the wrong place
The shed was attached to the house, in front of two windows! That made one of the bedrooms and one of the bathrooms very dark places....Not to mention the lack of view
a shed in the wrong place
Right after Winter was over, our two kids, husband, and I started removing the shed walls.
a shed in the wrong place
While we were demolishing the shed walls, we carefully selected the material that was in good shape and set it aside to use in future projects. (You can see some of this siding wood repurposed in my other post called " Cabin Log Style Bathroom" )
a shed in the wrong place
a shed in the wrong place
a shed in the wrong place
The only material we bought to make this project possible, was a little paint.
a shed in the wrong place
Then, we brought in some fire wood, the table and chairs that we already had, some pots and flowers, and voila! (We know that wood near a house can bring pests closer to the house, as well as ants and termites, but we store the wood as decoration over the Fall season, and then use it for our fireplace over Winter)
a shed in the wrong place
We created a beautiful place where we spend many hours chating and enjoying the view.
a shed in the wrong place
a shed in the wrong place

• Abb5732847

How do you gain access to the area?

• AnaAlvarez

We acces to the area from the garden only. The mud room door is just beside this place.

• Abb5732847

I meant, how do you get access to the area from inside the house.?

• AnaAlvarez

We don't have acces from inside the house. The previous owners made the shed on front of a bedroon and bathroon window. We removed it. But the acces is from the back yard only

• Jacqueline Gerarden

where Is this view ,,elderly lady with only a Garage roof for a view,Like to any view new friends also Elderly don't get out much

Jacqueline

• Reenaroc

Wow! That looks Great! But I just have to say... I really, really liked the shed! It was cabinish & went well w/ the house. Would have looked a lot better with the same type of siding as the house though. Also I know what you mean about dark rooms. A nice size window in the shed would have let some light into those & a entry door from inside to add to the square feet of the house even. But I'm sure you guys thought about that. I guess I just liked the shed because I have soooo much stuff & could have filled it right up. lol Anyway, Great job & ty for sharing!

• Patricia

Beautifully-created family endeavor!!! Fabulous space to "be"!!