Closet Bifold Door Makeover

$20

Our master bedroom closet doors were an old oak stain wood and just all around cheap-looking. Last summer I painted all our trim white and for the last year I just kept the closet doors off. This year I decided it was time to revamp the doors and bring some classy style to my master bedroom space.
First I removed the closet doors and the hardware.
Then I used Frogtape to tape a geometric design on the doors and planned my wood strips. I wanted to give the doors modern style and make them look like paneling. I used 8' wood strips found in the trim department of my local home improvement store.
I cut them to size and attached them with wood glue and a brad nailer. Then I painted all the doors black and let it dry.
I replaced the door hardware with these classy glass knobs.
After hanging the doors, I love the way my master closet now looks! The wood strips give the doors dimension and style.

The new closet goes well with our white trim and black doors throughout the house. Plus, it matches the black dresser I redid with faux metal bar handles you can see above.

Thanks for reading! Check out my blog to see more projects like this!

31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
Welcome to the Woods

• Jean Voigtlander

I’m confused about how they operate without folding did you put on hinges?

• Diane K Boggs

I like your new doors. I have the same type of doors and they have come off the track and they are heavy. Any idea how I could fix them?

• Laurie Powell

I have the same problem. I think we need to go to a home improvement store. They should sell replacement parts or bi-fold door mechanisms.

• Vfr34113248

This is a great idea and it really makes it look expensive! I have all oak trim in our home and these same bifold doors in a couple rooms in our house and I am really thinking of painting all the oak trim white!

Would you paint your oak woodwork white? Does anybody have advice or any reasons why I shouldn’t do it?

I am so glad I found another Minnesota resident! I live in Lindstrom, MN and grew up in Vadnais Heights, MN near White Bear Lake, MN!

Ginna

• Sudo knight

I used to live in a house with the same kind of doors. We were going to paint them and wallpaper another wall. Instead, we wall papered the doors and painted all the walls including the bits of wall above and beside the doors. The doors did not show from the hallway but we liked the different touch. I dont have the tools to cut and hang a lot of the projects shown on here so this was something I was able to do. Thanks for ll the neat tips on this site.

• Linda Foltz Meadows

Is the tracks on the top and or bottom to of bifold doors? I'm sure at one time my closets had these doors. I still have a track left on the top of 2 of my closets.