SWEET COUNTRY SAYING WRAPPED IN ROPE

$7
1 Day

POST CHALLENGE ROPE OR TWINE

This something I thought up because I haven't used my wood burner in a long time. I found the perfect piece of wood for this project, at Michaels craft store. There were other wood shapes i could have used but this one jumped out at me when i seen it.
This is the supplies I used, minus one I didn't put in the picture. That would be the stain I used to stain the board. When doing this project burn the wood then apply the stain let dry then apply the rope.
This is the beginning of the project.
I wrote the words on the board with a drawing pencil, not a regular #2 pencil. The reason for this is because the #2 pencil writes too dark. And if you need to erase a mistake it still will show. Then the burning of the wood begins.
Step three showing burning of the wood, after its been stained, and the beginning process of applying the rope. I applied the rope with a hot glue gun, starting at the middle of the bottom. When cutting the rope add a tiny bit of glue to the frayed ends and pinch them together. Then each new piece of rope I also started at the bottom, but i staggered the beginning of the rope. This makes it look much neater then starting them all at the same place. Then I added each piece of rope on top of the last one, in a stacking fashion. When all the rope is applied its on the base of the wood and comes up and wraps around the sides. And the last of the rope sits on the top of the framed area.Then at the end the only area were the corners. I didn't want to cut small pieces of rope and glue them there, would look tacky. So i put a little stain on them and the finished it up.
THE FINISHED PRODUCT

20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!

To see more: http://www.hometalk.com/34148998sweet-country-saying-wrapped-in-rope