Turn a Tin Can Into a Stylish Wall Lamp

$5

I was looking for a simple solution for our bathroom wall lamps. As I can't spend a lot of money in new lighting right now, I came up with a upcycling idea and I used tin cans as wall sconce.
I love tin cans, they are free and come in many sizes which make them one of the best material to upcycle. You can check my recycled desk lamp if you have some tin cans left!
turn a tin can into a stylish wall lamp
Draw a circle in the middle of the tin can and drill holes all around it. The dimension of the circle must be a little bigger than the lamp holder socket. Clean the cans and spray paint them, insist on the inside of the can, the top and the bottom edges.
turn a tin can into a stylish wall lamp
Cut the paper at the can dimension and use a glue gun to fix the paper around the can. Cut out the paper where the circle opening is.
turn a tin can into a stylish wall lamp
Use your glue gun to fix the can on the lamp holder. The can must be fixed on the plastic part of the holder, metal parts must never touch each other. Hold the can until the glue dries. Screw the bulb back in place, use energy saving bulb or LED. They don’t heat and it will be much safer.
turn a tin can into a stylish wall lamp
You can have a look at our bathroom reveal HERE, there is still a lot to do but the sinks side is done and I'm pretty happy about it! What do you think?
You can also check my blog post below for more pictures and detail about this tutorial.
Ama Ryllis