Painting on Linoleum Floors With Dixie Belle Paint!

$40

Tips and Tricks
painting on linoleum floors with dixie belle paint
Step One – Clean the tile or linoleum to remove any dirt, mildew, or soap scum using our White Lightning Cleaner! This is a very important step that will allow the paint to adhere! After cleaning, wipe down the surface with a clean, wet sponge or rag to remove any residue, then allow the surface to dry thoroughly.
Step Two – Lightly sand the tile with fine (180-220 grit) sandpaper. A orbital sander will do a faster and better job than hand sanding! Cleaning and sanding will be your prep work prior to painting, the better you prep the less likely you will have to re-do it.
Step Three – Remove dust by wiping down the surface with a damp cloth to remove any dust and allow to dry before painting!
Step Four – Time to paint with your favorite Dixie Belle Color! Dixie Belle has no harmful VOC’s so this paint is really safe to paint indoors and has no smell! Woohoo! There are 60 amazing colors to pick from! You can also optionally use a spray gun with Dixie Belle Paint.
Step Five – Sealing your floors! We highly recommend sealing your floor with Gator Hide, a water-repellent durable top coat that is easy to clean and very easy to apply! We suggest using a DRY sponge to apply Gator Hide in 3 thin coats! 
If your bathroom is in good shape, refinishing is defiantly worth your time, in terms of both cost and the environment! 

• White Lightning Cleaner  (http://www.dixiebellepaintcompany.com/white-lightning-cleaner-8oz/)
  • Gator Hide  (http://www.dixiebellepaintcompany.com/gator-hide/)

Dixie Belle Paint Company

• Candi

What if you have that small ceramic tile?

• Dixie Belle Paint Company

Hi Candi! For ceramic tile all you would need to do would be to clean with White Lightning, apply two coats of Slick Stick, apply one to two coats of the Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint color of your choosing, and then seal with Gator Hide. Hope this helps!

• Ladon

I I want to redo my Fifthwheel rv floors its half carpet and linoleum what can I do on a real cheap budget

• Dixie Belle Paint Company

Hi Ladon! For the linoleum part of the flooring you can follow the steps in this tutorial! To minimize expenses you can try using less colors or no stencil. Hope this helps and happy painting!

• Shelley

I have the base plywood down right now. Can I paint it after I fill in the seams? We're undecided on what flooring to buy. It has to be water repellent of course.

• B. Enne

Bravo! I painted my vinyl all white. One of these day, I will add a pattern.

• Felicia Corage

I'm definitely going to try this! Much easier than tiling and looks great! Is it waterproof though? I'm sure there is some product that seals it.