Beadboard Drop Ceiling

$200

beadboard drop ceiling, diy, woodworking projects
Here is our new drop ceiling.
My husband framed around the edges of the ceiling in order to have a place to lay the beadboard sheets.
This is the view of the framework that he built to hold the beadboard.
Here is a view from the ground up before the final panel was installed and the painting was done.

Megan V (Our Pinteresting Family)

• Lindabaysinger

How did you suspend the frame for the beadboard? How far down did you have to suspend it so you could still get the beadboard up? Thanks!

• We previously had a drop ceiling in the room. My husband attached the frame he made in the same way. The third and fourth pictures give a look at the way he framed it in. :)

• Amy Williamson

Can you explain the frame better for your ceiling? This is exactly what I am looking for in my basement bathroom, I am just having a hard time figuring out the frame. Thank you.

• It's the exact same thing as a drop ceiling grid just made out of wood basically. :). If you look at the tip few pictures you can see how to screwed the sides into the wall to brace them. Then he assembled a grid from that. I can get more technical information from my husband tomorrow and send it to you. Sorry life with four kiddos now has made it hard for me to remember projects from years ago.

• Auby

I like the results. I understand how he attached the grid frame on the sides. Do you have pictures of how he suspended the grid framing in the middle. Just trying to make sense how the middle is supported / while also being able to slide the bead board tiles in.

Many thanks!
  • Kms19286575

What size did he make the grids? We have a larger family room and my husband is afraid the panels will sag if they are too large.

• Gayle skinner

I have an old farm house with a drop ceiling. When I took it down to wash and paint the tiles (didn't have any ideas, other than cleaning or dry walling) I LOVE IT!!! I will show my husband, I'm sure he will too (not all the work, but we work together on all our projects. Thank you. It is awesome! 9

• Rick june

How did he support the middle? The regular drop ceilings have the metal ties that screw to the joists and hold up the frame.