Kitchen Organization

1.4K Views
my idea of kitchens may be against the contemporary standards as I have a very small one and I look upon a kitchen as a work shop not a place to ooh and ahh over.
Time: 60 HoursCost: $10Difficulty: Medium
  • kitchen organization
Since my space is so limited I have open shelving and little room for an open cookbooks so I often print recipes out or clip them from the paper. I pin them at eye level for ease in reading.
  • kitchen organization
I loved this wooden crate. So I took the end with the printed image, turned it so that it could be hinged to the bottom of the box. Then I placed it into my cupboard so that I could place baking necessities in it. Flour/sugar are in the canisters which are from the '40's. Bottled products like oils/syrups etc are kept in under counter storage. I can bake a cake without moving my position, just pivoting.
  • kitchen organization
storage of baking/cooking supplies.
  • kitchen organization
These very inexpensive plastic boxes hang on the beadboard wall and are unbelievably useful. They hold small kitchen tools, tea bags, twist ties, etc. etc. These kitchen does not have one built in drawer.
  • kitchen organization
a "pot garage" was constructed to hold small, easily accessible pots and pans.
  • kitchen organization
This picture shows storage above and beside the stove. The hood is fastened to the "pot garage"
  • kitchen organization
upper cabinets with closed pot garage.
  • kitchen organization
Hanging shelves with small shelf unit in corner.
  • kitchen organization
free standing many drawer small unit. Holds a multitude of items, silverware, junk drawer, lots of misc. kitchen tools etc. Was once a letter holder somewhere. My Dad and then my husband made the drawers.

• kitchen organization
shelving over southern kitchen window. Holds some of my china collection. Also holds colanders, strainers etc.

• kitchen organization
I made these shelves for wine/stemmed drinking glasses and some platters.

• kitchen organization
The bead board here is original to this 1905 house.

• kitchen organization
shallow pans hung under the counter.

• kitchen organization
tea pots on a shelf over doorway to dining room

• kitchen organization
baskets hung on porcelain knobs (from knob and tube wiring)

Suggested materials for this project:

• Wood  (home depot)
  • Found items  (can't remember)
  • Paint  (Benj. Moore paint store)

Ask a Question