Making an Urn for My Favorite Greyhound, Dale.
I used an old 2x4 from a barn that was torn down. Mitred joints are surprisingly cantankerous with wood that is not square. I'll seal the front and back on when bring him home. I think just an oil finish.
As it turns out the website I used to determine how much volume of ashes we'd get back was way off, I had to start over on Dale's urn. Just so it doesn't go to waste I'm going to use this frame for a hanging succulent garden, albeit a small one.
I found a piece of wormy chestnut to use for the frame. Red oak for the inserts front and back. The frame is simple mitered joints with rabbits cut out to flush mount the red oak panels.
Some dark danish oil, because I had some, and a couple coats of clear. Added a flame tarnished copper placard, from SnappinStudios on Etsy, with Dale's ear tattoos and vital stats. His final resting place right next to our bed.