Beautiful Shower Curtains Ceiling Tracks for Your Shower and Bath.

$55

I don't like the look of just a single shower curtain nor do I like the look of a double shower rod. Aside from the look of the shower curtain rod it doesn’t seem to draw smoothly. It tends to catch along the way. Though I like to be thrifty getting a designer look for the least amount of money is my goal.
What I use is a ceiling curtain track with a cloth liner and rod pocket panels.
You will need a longer shower liner that you can find on Amazon.
beautiful shower curtains ceiling tracks for your shower and bath
This is the completed project
In this photo you can see the liner that will be hidden behind panel when not in use.
Please also note the brackets used to hold back the panels. These were purchased in a discount store in the jewelry dept. They are actually like metal choker necklaces that I stretched out and attached to wall to hold back panels. probably cost around $8 each. Been attached for 2 years and hasn‘t deteriorated
This is a 5ft ceiling track that I purchased. The rod cuts fairly easily with a hacksaw to cut to exact length. Cost about $55.00. Not cheap but not that much more expensive than a double shower curtain rod. Been a while since I installed mine , but I believe there are holes in the track so you can just screw into ceiling. Or they may have clips that go into the ceiling that the rod attaches to. I prefer attaching directly to ceiling. If it doesn’t have holes just use a metal bit on drill and drill holes. Before attaching to ceiling load the amount of hooks you need into the tract. I temporarily taped my hooks so they wouldn’t slide out or around while I was attaching tract to ceiling.
Ceiling untainted tracts are also available on Amazon.
Add your panels. You can make your own panels out of almost anything. Just make a pocket that that you can slide a small slat of wood thru like a paint stirrer. Gather fabric onto the wooden slat and turn edges under. Or buy a drapery rod pocket panel. I used only one panel that I cut in half hemming the sides.
Attach panel to ceiling. I was able to just use my nail gun
This is what it will look like from the inside. It shown the screws going thru the tract and the gathered panel that is attached to ceiling.
This shows the liner pulled to one side
I probably didn’t save that much money, but I love the more upscale designer look and the liner just glides so smoothly and there is the added benefit with the liner to the ceiling it keeps the steam and the heat in.

The Ceiling Curtain Tract was $55.00. Your cost will vary depending on the size of your liner and fabric used. If you already have a shower curtain with a large hem you may be able to let the hem all the way out and cut in half length wise. I was able to do that in another bathroom I have.
If you have to buy a panel you only need one that you will divide in half. My side panels are only about 12” wide after gathering.

• Haw28683060

Seeing as the outside curtains are stationary, how do you prevent mold/mildew in the top part?

• Len29370504

Keep vent fan going past shower time and pray! No real answer, but ventfan is secret!

• Victoria

It looks so much more finished than a standard shower curtain. Do you have any issues with mold or mildew along the stationary portion of the curtain?

• Debbie

No I don’t. Been up for 2 1/2 years. If I did I’d just remove the panel and pull panel off the slat and clean. Would take less than 5 minutes to remove and putting panels back up shouldnt take more than 10 minutes.

• Raz32067836

I use a couple of towels when I a shower. If there's 2 people there's no place to hang the towels to set. So for the past 40 years I have hung 2 shower curtain Roda. My shower curtain hangs from the ceiling. The first rod holds the liner and the second rod holds the wet towels. I can close the shower curtain and my towels are hidden from view.

• Debbie

I have a towel bar on the side opposite the shower head. I prefer the curtain to be open to see the shower or bathtub design. The panel pretty much hides most of the towel from immediate view. Just a personal opinion.