DIY Fun Ideas
DIY Fun Ideas
  • New Port Richey, FL

FUN & FABULOUS DIY HIGH HEEL PLANTERS!

After making some planters out of concrete, I started thinking about what other items I could use as planters. Then I came across some old ugly shoes at a thrift store. That, along with some inspiration led me to the idea of creating these fun high heel planters.
My inspiration was three-fold. First, as I mentioned was the Concrete Hand Planters that I shared here last week on Hometalk. Second, I've seen tons of boot and shoe planters on Pinterest, but I haven't come across any fabulous heels. And my third inspiration comes from some amazing high heel cupcakes that I featured a while back on my blog. Those three came together as my inspiration and the obvious solution was a pair of high heel planters. Can you say shoe heaven?!!
For the full tutorial, follow the link at the end of this post!
fabulous diy high heel planters, flowers, gardening, repurposing upcycling, succulents
These are the scary ugly shoes I found at the thrift store...
After finding the shoes, I picked up some supplies from the craft store...
I had to use my dremel to cut into and hollow out the thick heavy plastic platform. (For all the how-to details, follow the link at the end of this post!) Then I painted, added fabric and ribbons and waa-laa, the final products...
I love the little flower blooming on the cactus!
For the full tutorial, visit http://diyfunideas.com/amazing-high-heel-planters-boy-do-i-love-shoes/
And for another fun DIY planter, check out these concrete hand planters at http://diyfunideas.com/diy-concrete-hand-planters-bowls/

DIY Fun Ideas