TheKimSixFix
TheKimSixFix
  • San Francisco, CA

Americana Inspired Memorial Day Mantel

In honor of this great nation, and as my tribute to all the brave men and women who serve our country, I decorated my mantel in red, white and blue stars and stripes for Memorial Day.
Featuring a hand-painted flag on beadboard, a burlap banner and faux vintage milk bottles (made from Starbucks Frappucino bottles) along with a tin bucket filled with small American Flags, the mantel feels rustic and vintage, even though nothing is actually old. (Complete tutorials for the beadboard flag, banner and bottles can be found on the blog.)
My deepest gratitude goes out to all the military families, especially those who lost loved ones. Our country will be forever in your debt for the sacrifces you have made.
God Bless America.
http://www.thekimsixfix.com/2014/05/americana-memorial-day-mantle.html
Memorial Day Mantel.. see it here: http://www.thekimsixfix.com/2014/05/americana-memorial-day-mantle.html
americana inspired memorial day mantle, fireplaces mantels, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday d cor
Small flags are displayed in a tin bucket.

TheKimSixFix

• Karen

I had this saved because I just LOVE it, and my computer crashed this past week and I lost everything. My son is graduating Basic Training this week, and I wanted to make this (or very similar) for when he gets home. I am SO thrilled I found it again. I thought it was under 4th of July, nope. Memorial Day. Thank you so much for sharing this, it's absolutely so Patriotic and warm! My day is GREAT now for finding it again. :)

• TheKimSixFix

@Karen Ohh.. That is so sweet of you to say. And my deepest gratitude to your son (and your entire family) for their service to the wonderful US of A! <3

• Karen

Since I posted on April 12th, my computer crashed 4 more times, but I seem to be up and running now and have it saved AGAIN. I'm a tad bit intimidated to make this (the flag especially), but I now have everything I need. I did buy a 1/2 sheet of bead board and plan on making 2-3 flags. Again, so excited to find this project ... again ... and so PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN and thank you so much for your comment about my son <3. God Bless and take care of ALL our Military (all branches). <3