A Touch of Sparkle!

$5

Who doesn't love sparkle? These candles needed a quick pick me up and I knew just how to do it!
Elegant
I found a few larger candles in the basement but the colour did not match my decor. When in doubt, change it out.
  1. Took my candles and gave them a check to make sure there weren't any dents or scratches on them. If they did, I would probably put a small flame close to them to smooth out the spots.
  2. I prepared some glitter. I used some different color glitters and made one that would match my decor. A little of this and a little of that.
Getting ready
Once I made my desired coloured glitter. I made sure to have a plate to use over top of the work space. When I eventually pour the glitter onto the candle, I can reuse the glitter that didn't stick.
  1. Using a matte modge podge, I used a small foam paint brush to glide it onto the candle. I did this in sections so the modge wouldn't dry.
  2. Once my section of modge was on I would shake the glitter onto the wet areas. Make sure to have a towel underneath your plate for easy clean up.
Sections
  1. Once the candle is completely covered in the glitter make sure to take a look at the whole candle making sure that all areas are covered. If you miss a small spot, I use a small paint brush to dab on some modge podge and add more glitter.
  2. Let the candle fully dry. I usually wait at least 3 hrs.
  3. When the candle is dry, I add another coat of modge podge to keep the glitter from coming off. I usually use a GLITTER modge podge for this type of project, the matte modge podge will mute some of the sparkle. You don't want to take that beautiful sparkle away that you worked so hard to put on.
Gorgeous light reflection
Done! Enjoy having a little sparkle in your life!

15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning

• Nicole Frances
    Nicole Frances

You can buy a large wooden leg for a table or cabinet Fromm a thrift shop and paint it..also break a small mirror and do a mosaic. I bought my candle holder but you probably could make one.

• ROBIN
    ROBIN

Beautiful! You got incredible coverage! Here's a tip for anyone interested...use a cheap can of hair spray to set glitter on lots of projects. It won't cause you to ruin that perfect glittering job since you don't have to touch it. Hold the candle by the wick or bottom and just wash your hands afterwards. I use several coats. Holds up remarkably well.