DIY Memorial Day Wreath

Show your love for the red, white, and blue this weekend with this DIY Memorial Day Wreath! Adorned with red poppies (also known as a “remembrance flower”), this wreath is a lovely way to honor the men and women who have given their lives in service of our country.
diy memorial day wreath, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
Supplies
Foam Wreath
Burlap
Red Felt
Small black buttons
Twine
Ribbon
Denim Scraps
1″ Letter Stencils
White Craft Paint
Foam brush
Straight Pins
Scissors
Pen
For this project, I started with a 12″ foam wreath, and 2″ wide strips of burlap. (You can cut burlap fabric yourself or buy it pre-cut like I did). Wrap burlap around the foam wreath, slightly overlapping, until entire wreath is covered. Secure end piece in back with two straight pins.
I used my DIY red felt poppy tutorial (link on my Hometalk page) to make the poppies. I made one large poppy, one medium poppy, and one small poppy, securing them with long strands of twine which I tied around the wreath and knotted in the back.
Lastly, I used my painted denim bunting tutorial (link on my Hometalk page) to make the USA mini bunting at the top. Each denim piece is 1.5″ wide x 3″ long, with a little notch cut out of the bottom. I used 1″ letter stencils to paint the letters on, strung white grosgrain ribbon through little slits I cut in the top corners, and secured the ribbon to the back of the wreath using straight pins.
A piece of 1.5″ red and white striped ribbon is the perfect finishing touch for hanging. See more - including links to templates - at my blog, All Things G&D, by clicking on the link below. Happy Memorial Day everyone!
All Things G&D