I wanted a corner shelf in my condo. My daughter had several doors from her 130 y/o home.
Time: 1 WeeksCost: $25Difficulty: Medium
Here were the basic steps:
- I cut one door in half, lengthwise and used corner brackets to attach the 2 halves to make a right angle.
- I used caulk in the corner to seal the gaps due to the panels.
- I purchased 2 corner shelves at Lowes.
- I built a shelf at the bottom which added more stability.
- After a healthy coat of paint my corner shelf was ready for the dining room.
- I anchored the unit to the wall using an eye-bolt and wire.
- I kept the glass knob on the door and hung an old skeleton key.
Suggested materials for this project:View All Materials
Prices updated as of July 14, 2018 10:08 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Have a question about this project?Ask a Question
2 Questions on This Project