White Cabinets Painted to Look Like Wood

My White Oil painted cabinets were old and dingy, plus I spilled hair dye on a cabinet. Those of you who did not like when I changed Oak over to paint may like that I changed paint over to "Wood". I am proud of the transformation, I have been asked to do this for others and it looks better in person.
How did I do it? I primed them with Zinzer 1 2 3, then I put a top coat of a tan or any color brown will do semi gloss on satin latex paint. Then I used Faux Effects stain and seal. I put one coat on and then on the 2nd coat, it added in some copper Martha Stewart craft paint to give light and grain effects on the darker stain. I followed the natural grain lines to make it look real. I finished with a satin top coat.

Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Perfectly Round Tables
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer

• Cassandra Wilson
    Cassandra Wilson

My cabinets are currently painted and I really love yours! Did you sand them down first, or is the primer the only thing you need?

• Haylee
    Haylee

Did you strip them first?

• Linda Maness
    Linda Maness

Have old white shinny cabinets. Want to change them to light brown color

• Trisha Martin
    Trisha Martin

Vast improvement! They look great white. You could start a business doing this for others. I had to laugh when I read the hair dye spill part, one of my bathrooms has the same thing. Now if I have your courage to paint! LOL

• Abbe N
    Abbe N

Please be sure to use a good top coat when done, a satin is what I recommend.