How can I keep mice and chipmunksout of my shed? ?

+4

We have a large shed outside , and store canvas boat equipment there , outdoor cushions and other garden necessities there. When we built the shed we added chicken wire around the outside base of the foundation to prevent these critters from invading our space. I also tried mouse traps and electric buzzers to keep them out, but they still invade and leave messes and chew our stuff...Need help quickly as they are again, looking for a warm winter home !

• Oliva Oliva on Sep 11, 2018

Liberally place scented dryer sheets amongst the canvas boat equipment, the cushions, etc. Spray castor bean oil along the outside perimeter. You may need to purchase resin storage bins, and secure the contents with locking lids, but placing dryer sheets inside, as additional insurance. Squeeze steel wool into any small openings you find, to deter entry.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Sep 11, 2018

I feel your pain! We’ve successfully mouseproof our country home. It’s discouraging to know mice can fit into any hole smaller than a nickel! So keep that in mind when you’re looking for holes. Once we found the holes we stuffed them with steel wool - they hate chewing that. Then we covered the holes with a metal mesh with holes smaller than a

nickel. We fastened that with staples.

The real trick is finding the holes. Be sure to look around your doors for spots too. Good luck! :)

• Kelly Denoyer Russell Kelly Denoyer Russell on Sep 11, 2018

Kill them before they enter. Only way. Poison bait boxes (only works on mice) and fill a 5 gallon bucket 60-70% with water. Set along side of shed. Use a 2x4 board as a ramp to the top. Toss in a handful or two of black oil sunflower seed. Works for both. I took out 36 one summer. 6 in my first bucket and then it slowed down to a couple at a time.