Unique Fall Mason Jars With Pinecones

$5

Every morning I walk my dog in the local park and stop at the Kiosk for a cup of coffee (they give out free dog biscuits). There is a pine tree next to the kiosk with the cutest little pinecones. I just can't help popping a few of the pinecones in my pocket. I decided to use some of the pinecones for a fun fall Mason jar upcycle. I love upcycling Mason jars and made some gorgeous Map Mason jar banks (see here) before, that was very popular.
unique fall mason jars with pinecones
What you need for this upcycle is a couple of small pinecones. Some jars with lids. These can be old pickle jars, mason jars (we call them Kilner jars in the UK) or jam jars. I like to use jars of different sizes. Cream/white & gold spray paint, decoupage glue such as Mod Podge and some vintage pinecone images which you can download for free here. Or visit the blog post at the end.
unique fall mason jars with pinecones
The first thing I did was pick out 2 pinecones I liked the look of from my collection and spray painted them gold.
unique fall mason jars with pinecones
I also spray painted the jar lids gold and when they were all dry I stuck the pinecones to the top of the lids using a strong clear glue.
unique fall mason jars with pinecones
I spray painted the jars a creamy white colour.
unique fall mason jars with pinecones
I downloaded some vintage pinecone images from my blog link at the end. It's best to print the images with a laser printer but if you only have an inkjet printer then don't worry. You might just need to spray the pictures with a fixative to stop them possibly from smudging when you decoupage.
unique fall mason jars with pinecones
The pinecone images were carefully cut out.
unique fall mason jars with pinecones
I used the decoupage glue to stick them randomly to the painted jars.
unique fall mason jars with pinecones
To finish off the jars they were sprayed with an acrylic varnish to protect them.I love these upcycled jars and they make for a cute fall decoration in my home.

Acyclic spray varnish
Claire at Pillarboxblue