Recycled Bricks From an Old Fireplace Turned Into Colorful Yard Art!

I spent the day with my 5 year old daughter creating a quirky and fun backyard escape. We used a pile of bricks that are in our yard from demolition on the fireplace downstairs. I kept telling my husband that I know there is something we can create with all of these bricks. Along with many plants we have many gravel areas in our yard. I came up with the idea to create flowers out of the old bricks and lay them inside the gravel, I didn't stop there I decided that the bird bath, frogs, and pavers could use some personality. We spent 20 dollars, 4 hours ( with breaks in between :)) various colors of spray paint and lots of creativity to create this little area. I have to tell you that I hope this is a project my little girl will grow up to tell her family we did together on a warm summer day. My oldest daughter was not here to join in the fun but we left her spaces on the pavers to write her favorite quotes and words. You can see more photos on the blog.
Before..The pile of bricks from our fireplace in the basement that was leaking water because the previous owners did not seal up the wall correctly. We had to take it all out. I can't wait to create more fun stuff with these bricks. There is definitely plenty to go around.
Before...
My daughter helped paint these pavers and write our families names on them.
It sure brightened up the space and it is so fun for the girls.

30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Kimberly Noelle

• Linda Fanning
    Linda Fanning

what kind of paint did you use?
    • Kimberly Noelle
      Kimberly Noelle

I used Krylon spray paint for everything except the bricks next to they birdbath because they were not removeable and I wanted a variety of colors I just slapped on different colors of craft paint and used a paint pen from Menards for the writing on bricks and faces on the flowers.

• Johnna Glover
    Johnna Glover

How do we find out info on paint?

• Kimberly Noelle
      Kimberly Noelle

I used spray Paint on everything except the bricks on the ground with the words written on them. On those I just used craft paint.

• CJ
    CJ

what did u use 4 face and which paint

• Kimberly Noelle
      Kimberly Noelle

I used Spray Paint from the Krylon brand. For the bricks next to the birdbath I used craft paint because they were not removeable.