Barb Rosen
Barb Rosen
  • Wilmington, DE

Salvaged! The 32 Shutter Challenge-Repurposing Shutters in the Garden

I had pretty much given up hope on pulling ivy in part of our back garden and resigned myself to just making it look halfway decent with garden accents.
Then, last year a neighbor gave me ten shutters and I made two raised garden beds from them. It really worked, a way to garden even in a fifty-year-old ivy bed! I was hooked!

So, last fall the whole area was weed whacked and smothered in mulched fall
The Shutter Garden
The Shutter Garden
The Shutter Garden is a gathering of projects all made with shutters and a raised garden bed. All DIY and easy to do!
DIY Raised Garden Bed
DIY Raised Garden Bed
Here are directions for building a raised garden bed from lumber and corrugated metal roofing!
Shutter Arbor
Shutter Arbor
This was so easy to build! It took longer to paint it!
Shutter Fence
Shutter Fence
I zig-zagged these for extra interest. The Shutter Fence makes a great screen to define our garden space.
Shutter Potting Bench
Shutter Potting Bench
Simple and useful, you'll need one too!
"Before" ~ a huge patch of English Ivy!
"Before" ~ a huge patch of English Ivy!
Now you've seen the "After" photos of The Shutter Garden, here is how it looked when I started the project!
salvaged the 32 shutter challenge repurposing shutters in the garden, gardening, outdoor living, raised garden beds, repurposing upcycling
You won't believe all the things I made out of 32 shutters!
Barb Rosen

• Molly

Wow, very clever lady. I've just moved into a flat with a blank yard. You have inspired me. Thank you . Pm me on messenger if you want.

• Barb Rosen

Enjoy creating your new garden, Molly! I'll look forward to seeing your creations!