Give Old Christmas Stockings New Life With Faux Fur

$0

Every year I end up buying something new to decorate for Christmas. New things come out & I get pulled in just like everyone else.

This year the 1 thing I really wanted to change was our Christmas Stockings. Should I buy new or keep using what we have? I decided to keep it sustainable & give our old stockings new life with faux fur.

This project was free since I already had everything on hand. But even with

give old christmas stockings new life with faux fur

We've had these stockings for 4 or 5 years. I love the velvet fabric & the monogram (on the flip side). But when I couldn't find them with monograms for all 6 of us, I ended up changing them after the 1st year.

I just added these letter ornaments that I'd previously bought for the tree. These are also about 4-5 years old but I had 1 for every member of the family. Perfect.

This year I felt like these stockings really needed updating & of course my 1st instinct was to go buy new ones. Even though we already have 3 of these, 4 of another style, & too many to count that our littlest has made over the years.

Obviously new Christmas stockings are the last thing we need!

I sat on this for a week trying to figure out what I wanted to do. Then I ran across this faux fur remnant I'd recently bought & forgot about

Faux fur is everywhere these days so I thought this would be the perfect update. Especially since I had no plans for this remnant at all when I bought it. It was on clearance... what can I say?

I started by {loosely} measuring out the fur to fit the cuff of the stocking. After measuring & cutting the first cuff, I used it as a template for the rest of my stockings.

Add a bead of hot glue along the top & bottom edges of the stocking cuff on 1 side. Then flip it over & do the same on the other side.

To seal it, run a bead of glue down the seam of the cuff, and on the inside of each of the ends of the faux fur. Press the 2 ends of the fur together while pushing the "seam" into the seam of the cuff.

Here's a video that might make it easier to see how to close up - skip to 1:20 to see that part.

And there you have it! And old Christmas stocking made new again!! Extra score for the monogram!

For more details on this project including a few tips check out the original blog post here.

Happy Christmas!!

N'Ckyola