Tea Pot Garden Feature Tutorial

I purchased the most adorable teapot garden feature from a craft show last Spring, and I am constantly receiving email requests for the tutorial. I finally put one together, and I am so excited to share my version!
tea pot garden feature tutorial, gardening, repurposing upcycling
Here are most of the supplies you will need. (Missing: hot glue gun and glue, pipe cutter, cotton ball, cotton swabs, fine fishing line)
To make the tea pot sit at an angle, three pieces were required, all found at The Home Depot. (1/2" copper elbow, 1/2" copper male adapter, and 1/2" galvanized floor flange) Use E6000 glue applied with a cotton swab to adhere them together like so:
While that dries, use E6000 glue to attach the cup to the saucer.
Attach the spoon as well.
Change out the gold wire on the crystal prism (also found at The Home Depot) for fine fishing line.
Apply E6000 to a cotton ball and stuff it in the neck of the spout from the inside, catching the fishing line inside.
Glue the lid shut using E6000.
Fill in the spout opening with hot glue.
Attach floor flange to the bottom of the teapot with the E6000 glue. Then attach the bud vase to the bottom of the saucer. Allow everything to dry overnight.
Insert the garden stake with a hammer in the location you want, then cover the stake with the copper piping and attach your teapot. Insert the stake for the cup and saucer directly below the crystal prism.
Isn't it sweet? There are so many cute tea pots out there.
From the back...
This was pretty simple to put together. I was lucky enough to find the tea pot at a thrift store. I knew just what I wanted to do with it when I saw it! You can see more details and photos at the link below!
Confessions of a Serial DIYer

• Dolores Wall

Could this be done with PVC pipe?

• Vic29449061

So what happens when it rains?

• CJ

I did this with a coffee pot and used same glue but attached with coupling nut & 1/2 thread pipe another diyer suggested. it stayed 1 day & coffee pot fell off. maybe due to metal to metal. any suggestions?

• Char

Had the same proble. Try roughing up the areas to be glued, make sure to clean off all grease and dirt and use marine glue.