Tea Pot Garden Feature Tutorial

I purchased the most adorable teapot garden feature from a craft show last Spring, and I am constantly receiving email requests for the tutorial. I finally put one together, and I am so excited to share my version!
Here are most of the supplies you will need. (Missing: hot glue gun and glue, pipe cutter, cotton ball, cotton swabs, fine fishing line)
To make the tea pot sit at an angle, three pieces were required, all found at The Home Depot. (1/2" copper elbow, 1/2" copper male adapter, and 1/2" galvanized floor flange) Use E6000 glue applied with a cotton swab to adhere them together like so:
While that dries, use E6000 glue to attach the cup to the saucer.
Attach the spoon as well.
Change out the gold wire on the crystal prism (also found at The Home Depot) for fine fishing line.
Apply E6000 to a cotton ball and stuff it in the neck of the spout from the inside, catching the fishing line inside.
Glue the lid shut using E6000.
Fill in the spout opening with hot glue.
Attach floor flange to the bottom of the teapot with the E6000 glue. Then attach the bud vase to the bottom of the saucer. Allow everything to dry overnight.
Insert the garden stake with a hammer in the location you want, then cover the stake with the copper piping and attach your teapot. Insert the stake for the cup and saucer directly below the crystal prism.
Isn't it sweet? There are so many cute tea pots out there.
From the back...
This was pretty simple to put together. I was lucky enough to find the tea pot at a thrift store. I knew just what I wanted to do with it when I saw it! You can see more details and photos at the link below!

Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Confessions of a Serial DIYer

• Vic29449061
    Vic29449061

So what happens when it rains?
    • LionessVSM
      LionessVSM

Just remember to remove them from your garden before winter sets in (depending on your area). Extreme cold will cause porcelain/china to crack/break....especially the cup. Lucky for me I had replacement cups to use.

• CJ
    CJ

I did this with a coffee pot and used same glue but attached with coupling nut & 1/2 thread pipe another diyer suggested. it stayed 1 day & coffee pot fell off. maybe due to metal to metal. any suggestions?

• Char
      Char

Had the same proble. Try roughing up the areas to be glued, make sure to clean off all grease and dirt and use marine glue.

• Lisa Battisti
    Lisa Battisti

Where did you find the crystals at?

• Mina
    Mina

yes next summer hopefully!

• Deb Schroeder
    Deb Schroeder
    4 hours ago

Very cute! If there are concerns about about water buildup in the teacup, you could fill the cup with clear resin.