Embroidery Hoop Mantle

$20

This year for my fall decor I wanted to use a little more color than just the whites/neutrals and greens I used last year. And because of the colors I already have in my home, I decided to go a little bit outside of the typical fall color box. I found these fun fabrics at JoAnn Fabric's and thought they would be perfect!

Supplies:

Fabric

Embroidery hoops of different sizes

Fabric scissors

Fine tip Sharpie

Masking tape - optional

Aren't these little woodland creatures just so cute?!?

To make these fabric hoops- cut a large enough piece of fabric to fit the size hoop you have. Then secure the fabric and embroidery hoop together (lining up the pattern the way you want it to look) and cut the excess fabric off the edges. You can also tape or hot glue the extra fabric to the back side of the hoop, if you want. I plan on changing these out for Christmas though, so to make it easier to remove the fabric later, I just cut it.

As I was arranging the embroidery hoops, I decided that I didn't like having a patterned fabric in front of the cute little woodland creatures print. It was too busy. But I didn't like it with just the plain canvas fabric either, so I searched Pinterest for some simple fall sketches and found a few ideas. Then I cut a square of the canvas to fit the embroidery hoop size I wanted, and secured the fabric to it.

Then I lightly sketched the pattern I wanted onto the canvas with a pencil. Once I was happy with my design, I went over it with a fine tipped Sharpie marker.

And voila! Fast, easy and simple art work :)

I love how easy and inexpensive this was to make...and that it can be customized to fit any style- just by changing the fabrics. The possibilities are endless!

3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Jordan|featherbrained~fancy

• Heje
    Heje

Did you use only wood hoops for this project?

• I did use only wood hoops for this project. But depending on the look you are going for- you could use plastic or wood hoops.