Pink & Gold Dipped Dresser

Our friends, Nathan and Adrienne, are expecting their 3rd baby. Their first two children are boys and this time they are having a girl! They recently built a new home and needed some new furniture for a girl nursery and bedroom.
I love the gold dipped look.
Adrienne, and I have been looking for a solid wood, good quality, french provincial, or something similar with a curved front for a few months now. A set was finally found and the dresser and end table will go in the nursery. The bed is going in the guest room.
The dresser is solid and super heavy. When I saw the first picture of the set, I told Adrienne I was going to feel guilty about painting the piece.
Before.
The dresser had several scratches, stains and dings on the drawers fronts as well as the top so I didn't feel extremely guilty about painting it. Plus, I knew the final look was going to be gorgeous.
The pulls are solid brass but you would never know by how dingy and dirty they are. Its amazing what a good cleaning and polishing will do!
After.
The theme of the nursery is gray, pink and gold. The walls are painted gray and this dresser and the end table, I'll show you that makeover later, will be in the room with Adrienne's grandmother's gold mirror hanging over the dresser.

Brian & Kaylor

• Pat

how did you paint it
  • Tami

What brand and color paint did you use on the body of the dresser?

• Donna

What Project? There's just pictures no explanations on how and what was used.