A DIY Solution to Clean Black Kitchen Cabinets

$5

I love the new black cabinets we installed in our kitchen. But if I'm being honest, I do have to say that our black cabinets show fingerprints, smudges, and dust. I knew what I was getting into when choosing this color, so I'm not turned off by this. To me, the gorgeous look of these cabinets far outweighs this minor negative.

Luckily, I've created a DIY cleaning solution and gameplan to combat these smudges. And so far, it's working wonderfully!

See what I mean about those smudges? Yikes. Because I didn't want to damage my new cabinets as I figured out the perfect cleaning solution, I actually used an extra piece of cabinet as I workshopped a few concoctions. I highly recommend this to keep your cabinets safe!

After lots of trial and error, here's what I came up with...

A combo of water, vinegar, and a little bit of dish soap did the trick. You don't have to be super precise, but here's how I do it...

Fill the spray bottle 70% with water, fill the other 30% with distilled white vinegar, add 2-4 pumps of dish soap, and shake well.

I even added cute stickers to the spray bottle so I know that this is the solution I use to CLEAN my cabinets :)

To learn the best way to apply this solution, be sure to head over to the full blog post. I'm happy to report my kitchen cabinets are looking clean and smudge-free thanks to this concoction.

You can also view more photos of my new kitchen there too!

The DIY Playbook

• Kathy

Did you use dish soap or hand soap? My cabinets need washing