A DIY Solution to Clean Black Kitchen Cabinets

$5

I love the new black cabinets we installed in our kitchen. But if I'm being honest, I do have to say that our black cabinets show fingerprints, smudges, and dust. I knew what I was getting into when choosing this color, so I'm not turned off by this. To me, the gorgeous look of these cabinets far outweighs this minor negative.

Luckily, I've created a DIY cleaning solution and gameplan to combat these smudges. And so far, it's working wonderfully!

See what I mean about those smudges? Yikes. Because I didn't want to damage my new cabinets as I figured out the perfect cleaning solution, I actually used an extra piece of cabinet as I workshopped a few concoctions. I highly recommend this to keep your cabinets safe!

After lots of trial and error, here's what I came up with...

A combo of water, vinegar, and a little bit of dish soap did the trick. You don't have to be super precise, but here's how I do it...

Fill the spray bottle 70% with water, fill the other 30% with distilled white vinegar, add 2-4 pumps of dish soap, and shake well.

I even added cute stickers to the spray bottle so I know that this is the solution I use to CLEAN my cabinets :)

To learn the best way to apply this solution, be sure to head over to the full blog post. I'm happy to report my kitchen cabinets are looking clean and smudge-free thanks to this concoction.

You can also view more photos of my new kitchen there too!

Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
The DIY Playbook

• Kathy

Did you use dish soap or hand soap? My cabinets need washing