Mary Johanson
Mary Johanson
  • Rogers, AR

Keeping My Garage Tidy

I may be a professional organizer, but don't expect my garage to always be perfectly organized. I have a system for keeping it "good enough" and it works for me. About three times a year, I give my garage a good tidy. Each time I do this, I try to focus on improving something. When you’ve got a fairly organized foundation, everything else is just a little tweak. Getting into maintenance mode is a bit more work at the start, but once you are there, it feels so good.
Here are some pictures from my recent garage cleanup. This time I finally organized the bikes and focused more on the shelves. To see my annual plan for maintaining and more pictures, check the link at the bottom.
organizing garage tips tidy, garages, organizing, shelving ideas, storage ideas
The kids were out there with me. They may have gotten distracted a lot, but they tried to help a little now and then.
So easy to grab our swim stuff as we head to the pool!
Worked on getting some of the bins uniform. I love matching containers. My method that doesn't blow the budget is to grab a few every time I'm at the store over a few months. Works for me.
And yep ... as the picture says, every marriage has compromises. Meet one of mine: the pile of wood.
Mary Johanson

1 comment
  • Being Home

Your garage looks great! I am currently cleaning and organizing mine. What a task it is! And yes, a garage should not be a shrine for our junk. lol Besides, the garage is included as part of ones mortgage / rent payment. Why not make it a useful space. ;)