2 Pallets Later, a Gate and a Boardwalk in 1 Hour!

After I came home from my fancy vacation filled with well manicured lawns, I sat in my own back yard and gasped... it needed help.
When I started a big weeding frenzy around my shed, I lifted up the old boardwalk and it fell apart. Rotten to the core. Perfect.
Well, that was enough for me. I started snooping around my junk stash eager to fix it up in a jiffy. I had some serious suntanning to do and wanted something pretty to look at while doing it.
Two pallets and 1 hour later, I had a new pallet wood gate and cute little boardwalk to match.
Maybe I should go on fancy vacations more often...
What do you think? Do they look too much like pallets or did this instant build make the grade?
The cutest little pallet wood gate has taken over the yard! Or rather, is busy hiding an unsightly compost pile. With a little boardwalk to match. The perfect ensemble for any little garden shed that needs a touch of fun.
When coming home from my vacation, this is what I had to stare at. Yuk. Ripping up the old boardwalk to weed underneath, it broke into a million pieces. The answer was easy. Replace it!
Once the boardwalk was in place, I glanced over and found another pallet. It was installed to the shed with two brackets for a cute little gate to better hide the compost pile hiding behind it.
The new gate and boardwalk marries this little shed so well! Visit the blog link below to see the entire junky shed in the yard as it is today... it's cuuuute!

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Ruth

Only thing I would add is a piece of wood on the side of the boardwalk to 1) give it a finished look & 2) deter any critters-including cats-from taking up making a residence or nursery! Otherwise, great job!
  • Mikie

Ya did real good. The old tool's and Lantern's really set the project off nice. I'll give ya 10-atta-girl's. (pat's on the head).