Need a Unique Filing System? Sometimes You Have to Think Sideways

A journey to 1,000 problems could begin with a $15 desk. Well one of those problems turned out to be filing in the desk drawers. You buy a desk with a file drawer and you assume you can put files in it right?!?!?! I needed a filing solution to tame the mess in our office.
I got the desks painted and bolted to the wall and went to put some hanging files in the drawers and realized there were no rails to hang files on. So I headed to Office Max for one of those metal frames. Can you believe those things are $13? Me either!
I just couldn’t pay that for those few little pieces of metal.
Good thing I didn’t buy it either because I would have had to take it back because the drawers only hold files SIDEWAYS!
Hmmmm…what to do now? I tried using tension curtain rods but since the drawers were only wide enough to hold files sideways the tension rods were too long. I tried using a wire coat hanger in the slots. It wouldn’t quite hold the weight of the files but at least I felt like I was on to something.
Here is something I came up with - I got it in Lowes in the trim section but it reminds me of those plastic pieces that go on report folders. For now I have them jammed down in the slots until I see how it is going to work out over the long term.
You still cannot use the tab tops because they are too tall and when you try to close the drawer it rips the tab off. But at least there is a way to get some files in the desk now.
I couldn’t resist giving you a sneak peek at the inside of the drawers and how I added some inspiration to these desks.

Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Stacy @ anygirlcandoit.com