How We "Deal" With Our (Really Really) Small Bathroom

Our house was built in 1947 and only has one finished bathroom, which is approximately 27 square feet. Since our bathroom is so small, I thought I'd share a few tips on how we make it work.
Here's a picture of the bathroom, taken from the hallway.
Remove closet door(s). We have a linen closet in our bathroom, which is great but the closet door and bathroom door kept bumping into each other. Our solution was to take the door off and replace the painted plywood shelving with butcher block. This solves the issue of the doors bumping into each other, opens up the room a little and provides a few inches of counter space.
Edit Supplies. I regularly go through our baskets and drawers and toss anything that is past it's prime. Items that aren't every day essentials get stored elsewhere.
Form AND Function. Since we don't have extra space for decorative objects, I use baskets, jars and vintage milk glass to corral necessities and provide a little style at the same time.
Consider Humidity. This is something we struggle with, in fact I need to re-paint the walls because of it. A couple of things that seem to work are squeegeeing the shower walls and running the fan for at least thirty minutes after bathing. I also bought a couple of Turkish bath towels, which are fantastic. They are super soft but they are thin so they dry fast and therefore resist mildew better than plush towels.
Do you have a tiny bathroom? How to you "deal" with it?
PS - there are more pics and details in the blog post :)

Urban Acreage

• Ana Valle

How to dec ykur bathroom when is too small.?

• CZ

Hi "Urban Acreage" can you tell more more about where you purchased the little glass shelf over the back of the toilet? Another nice space saver in your tiny bathroom. Beautiful work here!

• Lisa Heavenbound

Mine is even smaller than yours, laid out exactly like yours with a small window in the shower at the back of tub, and I have two shelves over the toilet, no closet inside it's about 42-45 sq ft. I have an over the door board screwed into the back of the door and I had to put the roll of toilet paper holder screwed to the back of the door also. When my door is open there is only room for what ever hangs on the board. I have a sink hanging on the wall and a cabinet put underneath it for storage. Standard size tub with a shower in it too. Tiniest bathroom I've ever seen or been in! lol. You can reach the toilet from the tub and vise versa! lol. And another bathroom down stairs even smaller, toilet and sink only. lol my home is only 5 room at 600 sq ft, with a tiny 1/2 bath in the basement! lol. But it's home. I got a huge yard fenced in and an over sized one car garage! :) Always looking for storage ideas! Ty for sharing yours :)

• Cathy R

Imagine the toilet directly opposite the sink in your picture. If I leaned to the left, my shoulder hit the door and wall . There was a narrow space to squeeze between the sink and toilet to step into the tub. Can’t tell you how many times I smacked my elbow off the door frame trying to pull up my britches..!!!