Morning Routine Charts for Kids

$20

School mornings are a little rough around here- me not-yet-caffeinated, kids still groggy and unfocused, people not wanting to get their clothes on, etc. I finally got tired of having to constantly nag the kids to get ready, so I made these magnetic morning (and evening) routine charts. I love that the charts empower them to get their stuff done on their own terms, without all the nagging and reminders from me! They can also be customized for different ages of kids, as you'll see below. Let's get started!

I started with a large pack of round wood "coins", and I painted them with acrylic paint, and let them dry. I used two different colors for each child's chart- in this case pink for the morning tasks and navy blue for evening.

Next, I used super glue to attach the magnets to the back of the coins. Be careful with this stuff- I've glued my fingers together more than once!

For my preschooler, I used a white paint pen to draw very simple pictures to represent each routine task. For my 2nd grader, I wrote out the words.

I used these chalkboard sticker labels for the category names.

And to make arrows.

Finally, I used washi tape to divide the board into 4 sections. For more details and links to the products I used, visit my blog, Jessica Welling Interiors! I've got a whole series on back-to-school organization systems. Plus, I have a Free kid-friendly home design guide available right now!

15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Jessica Welling Interiors