Morning Routine Charts for Kids

$20

School mornings are a little rough around here- me not-yet-caffeinated, kids still groggy and unfocused, people not wanting to get their clothes on, etc. I finally got tired of having to constantly nag the kids to get ready, so I made these magnetic morning (and evening) routine charts. I love that the charts empower them to get their stuff done on their own terms, without all the nagging and reminders from me! They can also be customized for different ages of kids, as you'll see below. Let's get started!

morning routine charts for kids

I started with a large pack of round wood "coins", and I painted them with acrylic paint, and let them dry. I used two different colors for each child's chart- in this case pink for the morning tasks and navy blue for evening.

morning routine charts for kids

Next, I used super glue to attach the magnets to the back of the coins. Be careful with this stuff- I've glued my fingers together more than once!

morning routine charts for kids

For my preschooler, I used a white paint pen to draw very simple pictures to represent each routine task. For my 2nd grader, I wrote out the words.

morning routine charts for kids

I used these chalkboard sticker labels for the category names.

morning routine charts for kids

And to make arrows.

morning routine charts for kids

Finally, I used washi tape to divide the board into 4 sections. For more details and links to the products I used, visit my blog, Jessica Welling Interiors! I've got a whole series on back-to-school organization systems. Plus, I have a Free kid-friendly home design guide available right now!

Jessica Welling Interiors