Curbside Tables Make Great Test Projects.

$20
2 Weeks

I went for a walk in the neighborhood and saw this coffee table and end table. I asked hubby if he would get it for me as it was so heavy. He said no. But that night when he got home from work, he had driven by at 6am and got them. Yeahhh!!

This was the lower shelf that we took off. This thing weighs a ton!

Started stripping it down. Now remember, I was only using these pieces for practice. I wanted to try Unicorn Spit and I also wanted to try Epoxy. You will see that I didn't even paint the legs on either piece. It had such a heavy gloss coat on it, so I left it alone.

Stripping Gel link below

Stripping in progress.https://www.hometalk.com/ef8ad506-7a2a-42b9-b062-c1e6a212499b" alt=" " />

Yes and I got him to do some sanding 😊

So I totally messed with colors. There is no rhyme or reason that I picked these colors, I don't usually use Red and orange. But I wanted to try a many spit colors as possible. I went with the wood grain. Then I put the suran wrap on it and smushed it. So the guys in the neighborhood l I be the color. The women...eh.

Unicorn Spit paint link above.

I ended up putting on a black coat of chalk paint on the top. Then I used Epoxy mixed with the paint for the different color blue background. Waited for it to dry. Then painted the turtle and the foliage. Then another layer of clear Epoxy. Link for Epoxy below.

That turtle head was so difficult for me. It kept looking like a frog.

So we are going to put in a stone patio in our front yard and this table will go out there. It was free. It just cost me the paint and my time.

This sits on out front porch. I just can't wait for a larger patio.

3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen

• Jjqq

How did you keep the epoxy from running off the edge of the table? Does it have a rim? Nice artwork!

• Mernie

Love the look. My question is about the leaf print on your chairs. Did you stencil them or are the leaves part of the fabric?

• Lisa Battisti

It's on the fabric. I got the cushions at Lowe's.....reduced price of course.

• Sharlene Leatherman

I am totally in love with that turtle! You did a beautiful job on this table!