Repurposed Hanging Bed Spring Planter

$30

Hi there, Hometalk Friends! Today I'm sharing a fun way to repurpose crib bed springs to create a whimsical hanging planter. This is a very versatile project that you can adjust to suit your preferences. Use real or faux succulents or change plants for the seasons…

To begin, I used sturdy S-hooks to hang the bed springs by the corners. Next, I hung a fun sign in the center and accented the hanging planter by dry brushing it with a light green paint to help it stand out from the greenery.

Next, I arranged moss and faux succulents in various spots on the hanger. (At the time, the limited selection of succulents in my area were more than I wanted to pay.) If you decide to use fresh, you can achieve the same look by adding a layer of soil with the moss. To hold the succulents, I stuffed as much moss as the springs would hold. Are you looking for succulents? Click here!

I also embellished my sign with some tiny rustic garden tools I had in my craft stash and some upcycled thrift store birds. Shopping for similar birds? Look here!

You can see there is plenty of room to grow when I am ready to add fresh succulents or other plants. 

15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Cecilia MyThriftStoreAddiction

• Deanna Maidwell
    Deanna Maidwell

Could I use this to grow lettuce??? Btw, GREAT IDEA!

• Wyldecent
      Wyldecent

I don't see why not as lettuce has shallow roots. I grow lettuce on my verticle ledge garden without any problems. It would need more watering than succulents though.

• Bubber
    Bubber

Hats off for the idea of using bed springs !!!

• Kyralee
    Kyralee

I have always loved those bed springs and this is yet another reason why. Hats off to you. I love everything about this.