Repurposed Hanging Bed Spring Planter

$30

Hi there, Hometalk Friends! Today I'm sharing a fun way to repurpose crib bed springs to create a whimsical hanging planter. This is a very versatile project that you can adjust to suit your preferences. Use real or faux succulents or change plants for the seasons…

To begin, I used sturdy S-hooks to hang the bed springs by the corners. Next, I hung a fun sign in the center and accented the hanging planter by dry brushing it with a light green paint to help it stand out from the greenery.

Next, I arranged moss and faux succulents in various spots on the hanger. (At the time, the limited selection of succulents in my area were more than I wanted to pay.) If you decide to use fresh, you can achieve the same look by adding a layer of soil with the moss. To hold the succulents, I stuffed as much moss as the springs would hold. Are you looking for succulents? Click here!

I also embellished my sign with some tiny rustic garden tools I had in my craft stash and some upcycled thrift store birds. Shopping for similar birds? Look here!

You can see there is plenty of room to grow when I am ready to add fresh succulents or other plants. 

Cecilia MyThriftStoreAddiction

• Deanna Maidwell

Could I use this to grow lettuce??? Btw, GREAT IDEA!

• Wyldecent

I don't see why not as lettuce has shallow roots. I grow lettuce on my verticle ledge garden without any problems. It would need more watering than succulents though.