Repurposed Hanging Bed Spring Planter

$30

Hi there, Hometalk Friends! Today I'm sharing a fun way to repurpose crib bed springs to create a whimsical hanging planter. This is a very versatile project that you can adjust to suit your preferences. Use real or faux succulents or change plants for the seasons…

repurposed hanging bed spring planter

To begin, I used sturdy S-hooks to hang the bed springs by the corners. Next, I hung a fun sign in the center and accented the hanging planter by dry brushing it with a light green paint to help it stand out from the greenery.

repurposed hanging bed spring planter

Next, I arranged moss and faux succulents in various spots on the hanger. (At the time, the limited selection of succulents in my area were more than I wanted to pay.) If you decide to use fresh, you can achieve the same look by adding a layer of soil with the moss. To hold the succulents, I stuffed as much moss as the springs would hold. Are you looking for succulents? Click here!

repurposed hanging bed spring planter

I also embellished my sign with some tiny rustic garden tools I had in my craft stash and some upcycled thrift store birds. Shopping for similar birds? Look here!

repurposed hanging bed spring planter

You can see there is plenty of room to grow when I am ready to add fresh succulents or other plants. 

Cecilia MyThriftStoreAddiction

• Deanna Maidwell

Could I use this to grow lettuce??? Btw, GREAT IDEA!

• Wyldecent

I don't see why not as lettuce has shallow roots. I grow lettuce on my verticle ledge garden without any problems. It would need more watering than succulents though.