A Coffee Bar to Love!

$100

"But first, coffee." Everyday here starts with coffee and a coffee bar is something I'd wanted for quite awhile. Complete with a basic coffee pot, a French press, our Moka pot from Italy, a milk frother, beans for grinding, and Torani syrups we have our own little coffee shop ☕️

I scoped out thrift stores until I found a cabinet or other piece of furniture that would work well for a coffee bar.

And with a table top, an open shelf, and a storage space with cabinet doors I knew this was the one when I spotted it!

So I'm going to be quite honest- I did not like the paint I used. It was one of the chalk type paints that is a powder and you mix with water. So instead I want to recommend you use FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Paints. (No mixing them- they are ready to use!) I have used them many times and I always love them. They come in many colors, but if you're looking for a color similar to my finished coffee bar, the Cascade would be your best match. I also highly recommend using their wax to seal the top of your piece. Anything you'll be making coffee on will get a lot of spills and splatters, and the wax will really help. The nice thing is you can buy their chalk and wax paint brushes in a set!

I used my Cricut machine to make my "But First, Coffee" sign using Cricut vinyl in black. The machine cuts the vinyl, and then I used their transfer tape to apply it to my wall. It can be removed easily, but also will stay on for years if I want.

I collected an assortment of coastal mugs to match my decor. And the hardware of my project is from the IKEA KUNGSFORS series. They have many different options from hooks....

... to little shelves- perfect for all the accessories you need for a well stocked coffee bar!

(And fellow dachshund lovers- take note of my Darling Dachshund Blend coffee sign to give my coffee bar a personal touch)

The rails from the IKEA series are so easy to install. Just drill your holes and screw them to the wall!

The previous homeowner had this ugly phone jack right in the middle of what would be my coffee bar- what was she thinking ;-)

This sign covered that phone jack with very little effort :-) Just something to keep in mind if there is an eye sore in an otherwise great spot for your coffee bar.

After pressing on my "But First, Coffee" sign, installing my IKEA Kungsfors rails, accessories and shelves, I placed the cabinet. Coffee beans, sugar, and coffee syrups were a must! And of course the french press, moka, pot, coffee maker.

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/coastalandcrafty/

1 comment
  • Wendy

I'm also a coffee addict, I mean lover! This is what dreams are made of. Good for you for making it happen!