Mickey Mouse Halloween Pumpkin Wreath

$70

I wanted to make a Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Wreath like the ones you see at Walt Disney Worlds Magic Kingdom.

I combined the look of the pumpkin used at Disneyland and the wreath effect used at WDW.

Here is what I used and the steps I took to make it my own.

Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Wreath

Materials need: 12" Funkin and 2x 6" Funkins carvable pumpkins.

Fall wreath and additional flowers to add fullness to the wreath.

Pumpkin carving tools and printed out Mickey Mouse Pumpkin face stencil (printed off the internet from Pinterest).

Led Flame bulb to insert in the back of pumpkin and orange Halloween lights to string around the wreath.

Using painters tape, I attached the stencil to the pumpkin (painters tape won't pull off the orange top coat. I then used a safety pin to poke little holes around the eyes, nose and mouth so when I removed the stencil I would have a guide as to where to carve.

When using the cutting tool go slowly in a sawing motion. Once you cut each piece out you can go back in to clean the area up and make adjustments to the cuts.

Mark the area where you would like to attach the ears. To attach the pumpkin ears I used wood food skewers, pierce the pumpkin with the skewer and mount the small pumpkins. Once you have it in the position you want, add hot glue for extra hold.

To attach the pumpkin to the wreath, I poked 3 holes in the sides and bottom and inserted wire which it tied in a knot inside the pumpkin and then wrapped it around the wreath.

A hole the approx. size of the flame bulb was cut into the back.

You can hang your wreath on your door or in your house, but I chose to mount mine on a wood window drape pole which I inserted in a backyard umbrella stand.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

At night all lit up. I love the flame flicker effect.

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space

• Barbara
    Barbara

Question- How do you tie the wire ( used to attach pumpkin to the wreath) INSIDE the pumpkin ? I LOVE this, and want to make it for my Disneyholic daughter !!