Leaner Mirror Upgrade

$116

I wanted a leaner mirror for an empty corner in my home but was scared off by the price until I found a project piece on Craigslist.

I had an empty corner in the living room and have been wanting a leaner mirror for a long time. The prices for a mirror of this size was well above what I was willing to pay. One day, I was searching Craigslist and found the perfect project piece.

The size was right at 84"x 42". The frame was just a little dated looking. I was really looking for a gilded mirror and I knew with a little love, this would be a perfect piece!

First, I gave the frame a wash with some white wash picking stain I had on hand.

I wanted the frame to have a base of white washed and weathered wood.

Next, I used a dry brush to brush on Antiqued Gold Rub N Buff for a gilded effect.

I brushed it on lightly to hit the high spots and layered it to get just the right amount of "gilding".

With a little patience and some creativity, I have the perfect piece to fill my empty corner! I just love the sparkle it adds to the space.

These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants

• Annie

Hi that is a beautiful mirror how tall is it

• Dixie

How do you keep it from sliding down? I want to do the same thing with a standing mirror with huge feet. I'm afraid I'll ruin it if I saw them off.

• Jennifer

We anchored ours to the wall with piano wire.