Leaner Mirror Upgrade

$116

I wanted a leaner mirror for an empty corner in my home but was scared off by the price until I found a project piece on Craigslist.

I had an empty corner in the living room and have been wanting a leaner mirror for a long time. The prices for a mirror of this size was well above what I was willing to pay. One day, I was searching Craigslist and found the perfect project piece.

The size was right at 84"x 42". The frame was just a little dated looking. I was really looking for a gilded mirror and I knew with a little love, this would be a perfect piece!

First, I gave the frame a wash with some white wash picking stain I had on hand.

I wanted the frame to have a base of white washed and weathered wood.

Next, I used a dry brush to brush on Antiqued Gold Rub N Buff for a gilded effect.

I brushed it on lightly to hit the high spots and layered it to get just the right amount of "gilding".

With a little patience and some creativity, I have the perfect piece to fill my empty corner! I just love the sparkle it adds to the space.

• Annie

Hi that is a beautiful mirror how tall is it

• Dixie

How do you keep it from sliding down? I want to do the same thing with a standing mirror with huge feet. I'm afraid I'll ruin it if I saw them off.

• Jennifer

We anchored ours to the wall with piano wire.