Simple Winter Village Houses With Free SVG Cut Files and PDF Templates

$28

What is it about winter village houses that make us smile? Every time I see these cute little towns in a frosty storefront window, I just stop and stare. It reminds me of a simpler time. I can imagine families in church praying or gathered around the dinner table. It’s these special places that bring us together and facilitate friendships and community.

I've created 5 free beautiful cut files and PDF printables to keep this project simple.

STEP 1: CUT OR PRINT THE FILES

Using a Silhouette or Cricut cutting machine is the easiest way to make this project. However, I've made it available in SVG, JPEG and PDF formats. So if you don't have a cutting machine, you can print the PDF designs on 8.5 X 11 card-stock and cut them out with scissors and a craft knife. Your houses will be smaller using this method.

Each house is made from three sheets of 12 X 12 white card-stock and two sheets of vellum. You will cut the same file twice to make each house. There are three files to complete each building. There is the building file, the roof file and the vellum window file. As an example the file names for one building will be Town Hall, Town Hall Roof, and Town Hall Windows.

STEP 2: ADD THE VELLUM WINDOWS

Using a tape runner, add your adhesive to the backside of your card-stock around the perimeter of the windows. Then press your vellum into place.

STEP 3: ASSEMBLE THE HOUSE

Next, fold the tabs along the score lines in between the two pieces and attach them together using a glue stick or tape runner.

Then fold the outer tabs, along the score line and attach them together to form the house. Now fold the tabs on the roof line in toward the center of the house.

STEP 4: ASSEMBLE THE ROOF AND CHIMNEY

Cut out the roof portion of the building and fold in half along the score line. Then fold the chimney along the score lines and glue the tab closed, to form the square.

STEP 5: ATTACH THE ROOF AND CHIMNEY

Add adhesive to the tabs on the roof line of the house. Center the house on the card-stock roof and press the tabs in place. I ran my finger along the tab to make sure it had a good bond. Then add adhesive to the other side of tabs and flip the house on to the other side of the roof. I reached inside the house to press the roof tabs tightly to the roof top.

Add glue to the tabs on the chimney and press it on top of the roof.

Each of the 4 houses assemble in much the same way. So once you assemble one house, you will get a feel for the process.

I added some fresh cut arborvitae branches and pine cone accessories to complete the town.

There is also a free file for the evergreen trees along with a detailed tutorial to assemble them. I've also included instructions on the farmhouse tin roof and the paper stained glass windows.

For a more detailed tutorial and to snag your free cut files and printables, check out this post.

If you love learning budget friendly home decor and crafts, follow along on the blog.

From my family to yours, I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

Laura

Laura

• Sharon Ferrell

Where are the svg files at?

• Laura

Hi Sharon. You need to visit my website and subscribe to get the SVG files. You can do that at the top sidebar or bottom of the post. You will then receive an email with the password to the library. You can follow this link to the post and this link for the library. Hope this helps!

• Sharon

I've collected tiny houses made from every material known, I just love to build little villages, especially at Christmastime! Thanks so much for sharing with me a way to add more whenever I want due to the fact that I can make them for a buck or two 🏠😊

• Laura

Hi Sharon. I love Christmas villages, too. That's what inspired me to make these. I'm glad you like them and found it helpful. I'm hoping to add to this collection each year. Have a wonderful day!