Pallet Christmas Decor

$5

This DIY triangular Christmas tree is made from an old pallet and a string of Christmas lights, simple yet effective Christmas decor suitable for your sideboard, mantlepiece or even your porch. We have made one – but if you are going to decorate your porch three in varying sizes could look lovely. Do you look at Christmas decorations in shops and wonder how to make them yourself, or is that just me?!

Firstly dismantle your pallet - we use a pry bar to prise the pieces of wood off the base and remove the nails.

Play with the pieces of wood to establish the dimensions of your triangular Pallet Christmas Tree. Ours measures 23 1/2" along the long side and 16 1/2" along the base, making the finished height 22"

Now you have your wood lengths its time to cut the edges of the pieces to form neat joints, we marked with a pencil and cut using a hand saw

Join the pieces of wood together - you can use wood glue, a nail gun or screws. We used very short screws (my husband is hankering after a nail gun!)

Now for the fun part, time to decorate the tree. We have used a nail gun to secure a string of battery star lights along the back of the frame.

Switch on your lights and admire you handiwork.

Check out my other pallet wood Christmas tree tutorials:-

DIY upcycled Pallet Christmas Tree

Wood Christmas Tree

Vickymcreations

• Kara Wurtzel

OOH! Super cute!!

• Carole White

I wasn't expecting that...very cute! I've made pallet trees but just by cutting the entire pallet into the shape of a tree. This one is very different and very cool looking!