Wooden Snowman Family

$15

I love to decorate seasonally, then you can leave things up for 3 months rather than just one. I love snowmen for this very reason, and here is how I created a wooden snowman family for the winter months.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

We bought an 8 foot Fir 4x4 at Lowes. We are a family of 4 so I wanted to make one to represent each of us. We decided on the following measurements but you could easily adjust this to fit your needs - 24”, 20”, 16”, 12” We measured and marked all of these.

We used our skill saw to cut each one - remember to wear your safety gear.

Here's what they looked like after cutting each of them.

I wiped them off and then painted them all with White Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint and let that dry completely.

I bought a kid scarf at Dollar Tree. I cut it in 1/2, and then I cut each 1/2 length wise in 1/2. This would give me 4 scarfs for my snowmen.

I bought 2 packages of kid's fuzzy socks at Dollar Tree. I put the socks on top of each post to become hats.

I used a rubber band around the top to create a little ball or pom pom.

I tied a scarf around each snowman.

I drew a snowman face on each post with permanent markers. You could also use paint.

I hot glued on buttons on the mom and dad bellies.

Depending on where you are putting these snowmen you might want to put a sealer them.

I love how they turned out!

I would love to have you stop by my blog  Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Linda

Have you done anything to keep them from falling over? They are so cute I would hate to see them all bruised up from falling

• Julie

why not just nail them to another piece of wood like a platform and paint it white. Then put fake snow down. you could also incorporate lights at the bottom.

• Cookie falcone

Not a question, just smiling looking at these! My mother in law made these about 25 years ago, we still set them up every Christmas.

• Vgardener

Very cute!

• Ginalee1977

Wow! Love this. I will be doing this project! So cool and easy!

• Jeanette S

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

I have a thing about snowmen, and wood! I have decorated my mailbox with homemade wooden things over the past few years and may try this for next year. Whatever I put out there seems to weather nicely.

Hint: for waterproof paint for the different colors (and those small things like eyes and noses) for outside decorations, use nailpolish!

I go to the Dollar Tree and get my Orange and black around Halloween (eyes and nose) and use my red for Hearts at Valentines! Those sort brushes make painting the small spots easier! And you can add glitter while the polish is wet!