Tisket a Tasket A Totally Revived Basket

$2

One of my favorite things to do is revive old items. I think the world is too easy to throw things away and not giving them a second chance on life. Another one of my favorite things is baskets they are so handy can be use for multitudes of things, so whenever I see him in there in a sturdy frame of mind I like to re-purposed them.
Battered basket
I came across this beautiful basket, it had nice wooden handles and other than some chucks out of the brown basketing it was in wonderful shape and needed a new life! Farmhouse here we come.
Wooden handles
I wanted to keep the dark handles so I taped them off with painters tape.
Covering blemishes
I used leftover off white chalk paint. Chalk paint adheres really well to many surfaces.
Coverage
I started out using a sponge brush because it was easy to push in the highs and lows of basket weaving. I also tried this stencil brush but found that the sponge brush worked best.
Brown showing through
After I covered the whole basket with chalk paint and forced sponge brush into weaving there was still showing through. I didn’t want it to look unfinished so I grabbed a spray bottle and watered down my chalk paint and added to spray bottle. This is a little messy so try to do outside or in a area that you don’t mind doing watered down white chalk paint cleanup!
Air drying
Once I got it all covered with spray bottle chalk paint I let it air dry. Which takes a while because it absorbs a lot of moisture. Be Sure to set on something because it will leach the paint as it drys.
Beautiful recycled basket
Here is the completed basket! I super love it! I love that it is sturdy and now beautiful with a little love and effort.
It’s first job
Here it is with it’s first job of delivering some Christmas gifts. After the holidays it will display towels in bathroom or hold magazines. I hope you enjoy and I would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you

• Ruth

Thank you

• Margie B.

Hi! What a lovely basketball you ended up with!! I have two baskets that need a makeover and you got my imagination going with your basket transformation. Thank you!

• Ruth

Thank you MARGIE, would love to see final project!