DIY Heart Curtain Ties

$5

These little curtain ties easy to make and perfect for my pink office... or for Valentine's Day decor! Made of scrap wood, they're a great way to use up extra pieces you've got around!
I started by drawing a heart onto my scrap wood. It took me a couple tries to get a heart I was happy with, but that's what erasers are for!
Then I cut out the heart with a jigsaw.
I made six hearts in total, so after I'd cut out my first heart, I traced it onto the wood for the other five.
Then I painted the hearts with a paint sample that I had around. It doesn't read pink in the photo above, but I swear it's a really light pink.
Finally, I added the rope. I started by hot gluing the rope to the back of the heart with hot glue. Then I added two staples for extra security.
I'm not actually sure the staples were necessary - if you use hot glue alone, let me know how it goes!
I love how the curtain ties turned out! They're cute, practical, and subtle Valentine's Day decor in February!
They also look great with my white curtains (which are also an easy DIY job - check it out!) If you think you might make your own, or just like how they turned out, be sure to visit the full DIY Curtain Ties blog post!

Lindsay Fay

• Cec

So easy and affordable. Curtain ties are expensive - $15 for 2 and our kitchen needs 4 ties!

• Carole gerst

Oh yes I have done my Cottage in shabby chic and the tie back are so down-to-earth and easy and chic I love it you could go with a lot of different things but I love the rope in the wood whatever shape I use I'm going to keep it natural because I have an all white bedroom.