Sea Glass Mason Sar

$5

Bring the beach inside and store your favourite shells and stones in these decorative pots. Create a weathered beach look by treating glass objects with sea glass paint to make it look as though the glass has endured many years of sea and sand. This sea glass paint is easy to make yourself by mixing matt Mod Podge with paint in a colour of your choice. Complete the beach look by also crafting a sealable pot with a fun lid with a little fish on it.
Glue the Stryofoam fish onto the lid of the glass pot and leave to dry thoroughly.
Paint the fish lid in one of the Martha Stewart multi-surface paint colours. Apply a second layer once dry.
Mix matt Mod Podge with Martha Stewart multi-surface paint at ratio of 3:1.
Evenly apply the mixture to the glass pot, brushing in a single direction only all the way around.
Tie jute twine around the rim of the glass and decorate with shells. Place a LED tea light in this pot and fill the fish pot with shells and sea treasures.

Vaessen Creative

• Suzanne Cox

How would you remake a lampshade ?

• ShelbyNeen

Love everything about ocean decor. This looks do-able even for me.

Also I'm impressed with your rope-tying skills on the bottle. Is that a particular knot that I can look up on a "how to" ?

Thanks for sharing.

• Jessica

Love this idea! So gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

• Jbeach8971
    14 minutes ago

I bought the supplies listed and painted my jars. I found that the brush strokes were very obvious especially when I lit a light in it. I’m going to try another method I’ve seen and thin the mixture a bit and put the paint on the inside of the jar and then dry it in the oven.