Rainbow Basket Makeover

$5

You won't pass up anymore thrift store baskets after you see how easy these DIY rainbow baskets are to make. I've had these baskets for years and have used them all over my house. I had the great idea to turn them into rainbow baskets and I'm so glad I did, because I love how these baskets turned out.

Start by wiping down your baskets so they are free of dirt and dust.
Pick out your paint colors. I used regular craft paint and tested the colors on a piece of paper.
I used the lines to guide me with the painting, but you can use painters tape if you want. I painted two coats of each color on the baskets and let dry completely between coats.
You can use a clear sealer on the baskets if you plan on having them outside. Since I knew my baskets would be inside, I didn't bother with this step.

The handles aren't super strong, so I filled my baskets with faux plants.
I love how these baskets turned out and think it's such a fun way to add a pop of color to your home.
You can turn any basket into a rainbow striped basket and set anywhere in your home. I also think these baskets would look cute in a bathroom, holding towels.
I have more basket makeover ideas on the blog if you are a big basket fan, like me.

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom