DIY Grain Sack Office Organizer

$5

Today I'm creating farmhouse style in the office with an old toolbox for organizing office supplies.

It all began with this old toolbox I found at the thrift store. I seems to be made of plywood and paneling and looks quite old.

The first thing I needed to do was to give it better color. I gave it a white-washed look using a linen white colored chalky paint and water. As you can see it is better already!

The next step involved a couple of my favorite stencils. I'm using the grain sack stencil from Old Sign Stencil s and the Vintage stencil from the same place. These stencils are very well made and will last through many projects. I'll be honest, I never clean mine and I use them time after time with no issues.

Using a red chalky paint and a small bit of paint on the brush, I stenciled the grain sack lines.

The contrast on the white-wash was perfect. Next, I'm using the Vintage stencil and a charcoal grey chalky paint.

When the paint dried my project was finished. I'm going to use it in my new home office so all that was left to do was to fill it with office supplies.I loaded it up with my date book, an IPad and assorted other supplies I need close at hand.

This is a great little rustic organizer that goes with the theme of my home office.

Thanks so much for visiting and before you go please sign up for the Homeroad emails so my latest DIY tutorial can be sent straight to you!

For more DIY organizing solutions please follow this bold link to Homeroad.

Homeroad

• Warenout

why don't you list dimensions of these wood projects that you offer for us to make instead on making me try to figure out what they are.

• Warenout

Way to go. Now that helps those novices to build the items you feature. I'm a master woodworker so I can do my own sizing. Put basic measurements with your projects to help those not so skilled