Spring Moss Mercury Glass DIY

$10

Get ready for all those spring decor ideas that will come your way in the next few days… I am going to keep you busy for sure. There are so many home decor ideas I like to share with you. Today’s project was on my to do list almost forever and it is finally time to try it. Mercury Glass effect is the one I like to attempt today. Don’t you just love that mirrored effect on a different kind of items? As I was going through my glass cabinet I was lucky to find few lonely pieces so I decided to give a try. If you follow me for some time you know I like budget friendly project so let’s go to work. Are you ready to work on our Mercury glass transformation diy?

Directions are pretty easy …spray .. spray .. spray … and of course wait in between each to allow paint to dry a bit. Make sure that a glass is cleaned and wiped out so we can begin. We are going to be concentrating on the inside of our glass since final effect is far better. I like to spray from a distance so first spray is like a mist that lands on the inside of my glass. See picture below.

As our first coat of metallic spray paint is drying fill you spray bottle with water and vinegar solution. I like to mix equal parts of water and vinegar. Spray your inside of the glass a second coat wait 2 minutes and mist spray vinegar solution right on it. You will notice that your spray paint is going to wash off a bit. See picture below. Make sure to turn your glass around so not many water streaks are created.

Repeat those steps as many times as you like. It all depends on how your paint lands on the inside of your glass. Picture below shows 3 coats of spray paint that were alternated with 2 vinegar solution sprays.

You know me I like to experiment so I decided to try my Gold metalic spray paint for my last coat on some of my glasses and here it is. Love that effect a lot!

It seams gold hues will be my theme this year for my spring decor ...Couldn't help myself and made some plain eggs with mini figurines .Check more details HERE

Stunning 3D Easter Egg Decor DIY

Agnes Chrzanowska

• Rosana Halprine

I would like to try this but was curious about the stem of the glasses. Since you were spraying and painting the inside of each glass, did you then spray the stem and bottom of each glass to get that effect as well? Thank you.

• Sea Trace Creations

What type of spray paint did you use? You didn't specify so I wondered if it was the mirrored glass spray specifically for this finish or fluid you just use regukar spray paints? Too your layer of gold looks beautiful so we're all layers added inside except for the stem?