Decorative Etched Glass

$5

It's easy to create your own decorative etched glass with just a few supplies and steps. Create lovely dishes, candle holders mirrors, and more with this easy technique.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Clean the Glass -

Wash your item you'll be etching, let it dry, and then wipe the surface with rubbing alcohol to clean it from all oil, dirt, and debris.

Add Your Stencil -

I like to use adhesive stencils as it seals the areas you don't want the etching cream to go.

If you want to use a regular stencil, you can always use a spray or liquid adhesive to hold those in place.

Apply Etching Cream -

There are a ton of varieties of etching cream out there and many of them are good. This project I'm using Armor Etch. I recommend wearing protective gloves.

Apply the etching cream thickly, and once on smooth out as brush strokes will show up if you leave them.

Once applied, let your dish set according to your etching cream instructions. Most of the time it's 10 minutes or more.

Clean It -

After the time is up, rinse off the etching cream. Place the dish under running water and rub with your fingers.

Remove Stencil -

Carefully peel off the stencil, and rinse off any remaining etching cream.

Clean your stencil and place it back on the adhesive baking it came on. These are reusable up to several times.

Once it's cleaned and dry, it's done.

This is great for creating gifts. You can etch anything that is glass (mirrors included). Here are a few examples of things I have etched - recycled bottles, candle holders, dishes, mirrors, sun catchers, picture frames, etc.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Chas' Crazy Creations